Join us for Pack 471’s annual Hobo Dinner!
PLACE: Garrison Mill Elementary Field
TIME: 6:45-7:45 P.M.
Bring canned goods to be donated to MUST Ministries!
Cub Scouts are encouraged to “scout for food” in one of two ways:
• go door-to-door and request canned goods from your neighbors, or
• leave a bag on your neighbor’s mailbox or front door knob with a note requesting a donation of canned goods to be picked up by you on a specified date. (Please see the sample letter.)
Start collecting those cans, because we will be holding a contest to see which scout can collect the most! Earn a patch if you bring 50 cans or more.
What to Bring:
• One can of food per person for the stew (example: if a family of 2 adults and 3 children attend, bring 5 cans of food to contribute to the stew)
• Scouting for Food donations (canned goods to donate to MUST Ministries)
• Flashlight (adults only)
• Chairs or blankets to sit on
Suggested Food Cans for Stew:
Broth, crushed or diced tomatoes, corn, green beans, carrots, green peas, black-eyed peas, lima or butter beans, black or white beans, potatoes, okra, etc. Do not bring cream-based canned foods (i.e., creamed corn, cream soups), canned meat or fish, etc.