On Saturday, September 22nd, we are having the first of 3 (three) Popcorn Show and Sale dates. We will meet at the Garrison Mill Parking lot starting at 0900 and sell until about 12 p.m. The next dates will be the following 2 (two) Saturdays, the 29th and October the 6th.
Our popcorn kernels will be bringing popcorn, so please remember to bring your wagon along with the following items:
– Class A (blue) Uniform.
– Water bottle
– For Parents, bring an envelope with about $20 to $40 in 5’s and 10’s to make change
for houses that pay with cash.
Our popcorn kernel will be there handing out inventory, so we can fill up our wagons and sell in the surrounding neighborhoods. We will be pairing boys who have never sold before with boys who have, so you can see just how we approach this major fundraising event for the scouts and the Pack!
We will remind all scouts and parents of these rules tomorrow, but please follow these steps while selling popcorn on your own or together:
– NEVER enter a person’s home. No exceptions.
– A parent must be with the scout at all times. You can be at the street, but no scout should be selling popcorn on their own.
– Never run into the streets. Our scouts are shorter than most cars, and drivers can’t see you if you step from behind parked cars, so always stop and look if you have to walk from behind a parked car.
– Only parents should be handling the money. Scouts are the salesmen, parents hold the cash or checks. I recommend that after each day of selling popcorn, take a few minutes to reconcile all checks and cash against what you have sold.
– Checks are made out to “Pack 471”
– Never sell the popcorn without receiving a check or cash for the sale. If they would like you to return, note the address and come back later.
– If a person wants something you don’t have in the wagon, we most likely have it in inventory. Mark what they have purchased, then schedule a time to pick up the inventory and return it. If we don’t have it, we will get it.
Remember that all orders and money must be turned in at the October 9th pack meeting. If you cannot be there, please contact our Popcorn Kernels Bryan and Violette Garrett at 770-650-6999 or email at email@example.com to arrange to drop off the orders.
If there are orders that need to be shipped, we will have them in by November if not earlier so you can deliver those orders to your customers.
See you there!